Service providers to publishers face the growing challenge that traditional distribution support (keywords: stock management and ordering automated, prices and terms determined automatically, distribution management optimized) is being replaced by electronic complex distribution processes.
To be successful, modern distributors need a reliable system tailored to constantly changing and evolving business processes: Klopotek. The system is multi-tenant, encompasses multiple business models and has been in use at a large number companies specializing in different market areas. All distribution processes for books and journals – print and digital/online – are based on one single database; you work using a product and a customer pool in one single system.
More benefits and unique characteristics of the Klopotek software:
- Order management automated
- Shipping costs optimized
- Stock management automated; stock valuation
- Full support of the specifics of the book trade / Connection to central clearing houses of book distribution / EDI / EAN, Tradacom etc.
- E-books and enriched e-books
- Online subscriptions (including automated Moving Wall)
- Database access
- Streams, Rental, Content Syndication
- Pre-paid and usage-based products based on definable units, e.g. points, minutes, MBs downloaded
Combinations of print and digital/online products:
- All types of product bundles supported, including bundles of one-off and subscription products
- Distribution of chapters and chunks
- Non-book supported
- Including accruals, rest credit, and webshop authorization
- Electronic and paperless business wherever possible, from web services for order creation to electronic invoices
- Comprehensive marketing and address management solution, from generating leads to controlling the success of campaigns
- Customer management
- Seamless advertising management
- Multi-language, multi-currency; all specific European and American tax requirements covered